“Finding the Balance between Testing, Modeling and Analysis to ensure Product Reliability and Safety”
- Dr. William Meeker – Distinguished Professor, Iowa State University
- Dr. Andre Kleyner – Global Reliability Engineering Leader, Delphi
- Dr. Elisabetta Jerome – Technical Advisor, Armament & Weapons Test and Evaluation, United States Air Force (USAF)
Exceeding customer expectations and designing highly reliable products and systems is a complex task that should balance modeling and testing. Failure modes must be identified, modeled and mitigated in order to reduce risk while growing reliability.
- However, what type of testing should be conducted?
- When should modeling be used instead or in conjunction with testing?
- How much testing should be performed?
- What type of evidence should vendors provide in order to ensure reliability requirements?
These are tough questions engineers, analysts and managers face during the design and manufacturing process.
The ASTR 2016 panelists will discuss these important questions.
Have a question for the panel? Submit it today to email@example.com!
|Dr. Andre Kleyner | Global Reliability Engineering Leader, Delphi Electronics & Safety|
|Andre Kleyner has 30 years of engineering, research, consulting, and managerial experience specializing in reliability of electronic and mechanical systems designed to operate in severe environments. He received the doctorate in Mechanical Engineering from University of Maryland, and Master of Business Administration from Ball State University. Dr. Kleyner is a Global Reliability Engineering Leader with Delphi Electronics & Safety and an adjunct professor at Purdue University. He is a Fellow of the American Society for Quality (ASQ), a Certified Reliability Engineer, Certified Quality Engineer, and a Six Sigma Black Belt. He also holds several US and foreign patents and authored multiple professional publications including three books on the topics of reliability, statistics, warranty management, and lifecycle cost analysis. Andre Kleyner is also the editor of the Wiley Series in Quality and Reliability Engineering (John Wiley & Sons). For more information please visit www.andre-kleyner.com.|